Recent Refinery Strike Shows 'No Protected Locations in Russia's Far Hinterland'
Ukraine's unmanned aerial vehicles have targeted the Russian oil facility in Ufa, situated around 1,400 kilometers from Ukraine, triggering blasts and a fire, according to a insider in Ukraine's intelligence agency.
This marks the third intelligence deep strike in Bashkortostan in the recent weeks. These operations demonstrate that there are no protected areas in the deep rear of the Russian state.
Zelenskyy Calls On Trump to Mediate Peace in Ukraine
Volodymyr Zelenskyy called on President Trump to mediate a ceasefire in the Ukrainian conflict over a phone call on Saturday.
"Provided that a conflict can be stopped in a single area, then certainly further hostilities can be halted as well, encompassing the Russian war," he said, hailing Trump's "outstanding" Middle East ceasefire plan and requesting the American leader to pressure the Moscow into talks.
Russian Assaults Take Victims in the Country
Strikes by Russia on Ukraine killed at least five people on Saturday and disrupted electricity to parts of Ukraine's south Odesa region, as stated by local sources.
Two people lost their lives inside a religious building in the town when it was targeted, as reported by municipal sources.
In the Russian adjacent territory of the Belgorod region, a vehicle operator was fatally wounded by a drone assault, as stated by regional authorities.
Electricity Recovery Work in the Capital
Work continued on Saturday to recover electricity in Kyiv, after strikes by Moscow.
Energy had been recovered to more than 800,000 residents by the weekend and the major utility provider stated the primary work to repair the grid was complete though partial blackouts remained.
Air Defence Efforts and Drone Downings
Ukraine's air defences downed or disrupted fifty-four of 78 Russian drones sent towards Ukraine during the night, the aerial defense command announced on the weekend.
Russia's military authorities stated it eliminated 42 UAVs from Ukraine over the country's airspace.
Cuban Government Refutes Claims of Deploying Soldiers to Ukraine
Cuba on Saturday refuted American claims it has provided soldiers to engage in the hostilities, while stating the government "do not have exact data about Cuban nationals" engaged "independently" or "as part of the armed units of the conflicting parties".
The ministry in the capital stated twenty-six nationals had been sentenced to prison terms ranging from five to 14 years for mercenary activity since September 2023 when news circulated of Cubans being deployed to the front in Ukraine.
I Want to Live Project Discloses Details on Cuban Recruitment
The program, a state project that promotes enemy combatants to surrender, said in spring: "We reliably know the names and personal details of one thousand and twenty-eight individuals who signed contracts with the Russian armed forces in 2023-2024."
The government in Havana stated of those who might be participating: "It is irrefutable that not a single one has the support, commitment, or approval of the Cuban state for their activities."
Family members of individuals who departed to the Russian Federation in 2023 told international media at the time that their family members had been tricked into joining through advertisements on online platforms.